Snappy Toddler Dress

So I used the pattern I printed out yesterday to make another version of the OG Snappy Toddler Top. This time I went dress length and used contrasting fabric for the neck and the bias tape trim.

Is this fabric to die for or what? It’s Monaluna for Birch Fabrics Circa 50 line in Starburst Pool (neckline and bias tape trim) and Chairs Multi (dress body) designed by our very own Cynthia of Fabricworm.  Working with it was amazing – the texture is so lovely, probaby because it’s 100% organic cotton.

Get the Snappy Toddler Top (or dress) Pattern here and learn How to Make Bias Tape here.  And check out the rest of this great fabric collection here. And remember, any comment you leave this week could win you a 1/2 yard of Nicey Jane oilcloth from Fabricworm!

erica

I have also been adapting the shirt pattern into a dress. In fact, except for the first time, all others have been dress length. I love it!!!

Genevieve

You're killing me with the awesome bias tapes! I really don't need the maker, but I want one bad now 🙂 Love the chair fabric, too. Jealous.

Mel

I love this pattern….my only problem is, will I make a top or a dress. Problem solved….I'll just have to make both. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Aja

I may have to make this adorable piece even though I don't have a baby girl! Great for getting an early start on holiday gifts.

drj

Please, PLEASE tell me that your daughter is going to wear this to a "Mad Men" party on Sunday!!

Sabr

love your patterns! any chance you'll be doing a tutorial on drafting your own patterns any time soon? I could really use some advice!

Kalen

I just bought a bias tape maker and have got to find time to try it out! How about you post directions for a snappy twenty-six-year-old dress?? That'd be great! I'd love it in this fabric…

Mariel

Reason 1 million why I should just NOT sew… I love this dress so I finally decided to make it. This took a lot of courage as I'm terrified of making clothes. Everything was looking great so I sewed the front neck on and then the back, when I went to snap them together I realized that I sewed the back neck BACKWARDS!!!! Ok, now that I vented I better go pull out my seem ripper and hope it doesn't look too bad! 🙁

Heather

I cannot wait to make this dress! Now I need to go through my fabric stash and pick something. *Fingers crossed that I need to go fabric shopping*

smokelesslife

Could you use satin? Normally I only use cotton, but I need to make my daughter a summer flower girl dress and this would be just adorable in the matching satin the ladies are wearing, and add hand made organza flowers to the neckline or make a sash out of a different color. All of your fantastic patterns have so many more uses, I LOVE them! Thank you!

kzieler

Love this dress! I can't wait to whip one up – well hopefully it will be "whipped up" 🙂 Very very cute!

4torock

o how I love– now to wait to see if this baby is girl or boy– only a few more days till DD– we shall seeee!! thank u!

Ginnie

I love this dress and have some fab Day of the Dead fabric to make a cute Hallowe'en dress for my two and a half year old… BUT am I missing the tutorial for how to put it together somewhere? I'm not a great seamstress, so I need some help, please!

Lynnora

I’ve made this yesterday, my first project made from a pattern! Thank you so much for sharing, it looks darling. I very much appreciate the tutorials with printable patterns, they make life easy for a beginner sewer.

Thank you!

Catiuscia

Hello! Thank you for sharing this pattern! I write from Italy and so I apologize for my English. I tried to make the dress for my daughter who is 8 months old. I think it was wrong to download the format of the model because I had a little ‘small. However, I have given up and try again soon. Thank you so much, Katy.

Jennifer

I always feel funny posting comments on posts from like, 2 years ago, but thank you for the pattern! I am soooo excited to make this for my baby girl! Looks perfect for summer! Thanks!

Inspired to Sew

[…] used Prudent Baby’s Snappy Toddler Top tutorial, they have a dress version too.  I have made it before and loved it.  If you follow that link, please take a moment to […]

cathy

i just used this pattern to make the cutest dress for my little one… found a bargain fabric store and it was the best $7 i ever spent!

Sewing Trends with Melanie « Sew,Mama,Sew! Blog

[…] What’s popular on Pinterest is not always necessarily the newest tutorials and patterns. I searched under the terms “sew” and “sewing” to see what would come up with the most repins. Here are a few of what I found. All of these have more than 600 repins, some more than 4000! Clockwise from top left: Shirred Pillowcase Top (tutorial) by Betz White for Craftzine, Beginner’s Bias Tape Bag (free pattern) by Prudent Baby, Reversible Swim Cover-Up (tutorial) by Jenny Garland for Moda Bake Shop, Lickety Split Mini-Bags by Made By Rae, Ruffled Chemise by Aesthetic Nest, Snappy Toddler Dress (free pattern) by Prudent Baby. […]