Click here for the crazy simple DIY for these mustache lollipops!
And remember, any comment you leave this week could win you a 1/2 yard of Nicey Jane oilcloth. Tell us a mustache story. My husband has a mustache. I like it.
What you need:
Mustache Chocolate Mold. If you want to make a bunch, It’s helpful to have more than one mold.
Dark Chocolate Wafers
Orange Oil – Not necessary but oh-so-delicious in dark chocolate
4″ lollipop sticks – I buy the longer size and cut them down with scissors
and if you want to make our tags:
Prints of our It’s A Boy! template
X-acto and cutting mat
Click here for a refresher on Tips for Making Chocolate Mold Candy and then come back here for the variations for this project.
1. Melt your chocolate as usual. Then add the orange oil drop by drop to taste. I added 3 drops to 1/4 LB of chocolate, which made 4 pops. Again, this is SO tasty.
2. Fill mold with chocolate using our pastry bag method or simply use a teaspoon (in this case) since the mold is so large. Make sure it’s filed to the top (but not overfilled) and make sure the chocolate reaches the outer corners. If you have any spillage, wipe it clean.
3. Tap the mold gently on the counter to release air bubbles.
4. Push the lolli sticks into the mold, then carefully roll the sticks until they are covered in chocolate.
5. Tap the mold gently on the counter again to smooth the surface.
6. Put mold in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until the chocolate releases from the mold when turned over.
Let All-Things-Boy Commence!