In collaboration with Teavana we created this scrumptious and yet deceptively simple appetizer for your Fall entertaining, or even just a fun family dinner. Tortellini, sausage, apples and cheese happen to be four of my kids favorite foods so I knew this combo would be a hit. The fact that they adore food on a stick pushed it over the edge to a major culinary victory!
Read on for the recipe and a quick DIY on our handmade frilly toothpicks.Ingredients:
- Seared Chicken Apple Sausage slices
- Cubes of sharp cheddar cheese
- Sweet Sausage Tortelloni cooked per packaging instructions in Pumpkin Spice Bruleé tea instead of water + drizzled with EVOO
- Cubes of Honeycrisp apple
- Fresh sage leaves – garnish
- Stack up the elements on skewers and serve warm or room temp.
To make these pretty broomstick skewers and frilly toothpicks, cut a strip of French crepe paper 3-5″ wide x 1″ tall. Snip with the grain across top, Pinch fringe to add volume. Add a line of glue across bottom. Wrap tightly around skewer or toothpick.
Click here for the rest of our Fall Tea Party. It’s brimming with cozy food and simple crafts to make your entertaining easy and beautiful this season.
This post is sponsored by Teavana and inspired by their tasty Autumn teas