Here’s a fun and easy Instant Pot apple recipe (1 minute cook time!) for compote to use up your apple-picking scores. I like it on my steel-cut oatmeal in the morning, but it also works on ice cream or in a hand pie. Yum!
4 apples, peeled cored and chopped – granny smith are my favorite flavor-wise, but you can also mix it up
2 tbls brown sugar
1 tbls white sugar (or more to taste)
2.5 tbls butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Throw your chopped apples into the Instant Pot.
2. Add all the other ingredients. The butter can just go in in a pat, don’t melt it. No water needed for this recipe as the apples will release plenty.
3. Using manual settings, set high pressure for 1 minute.
4. Let the Instant Pot natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
5. Scoop out your compote and pour it on whatever you want!