These are for all my crafty jewish brethren and anyone who appreciates a good black & white. These cakey cookies remind me of New York and my dad. After all you gentiles went felt-sugar-cookie mad, I got the idea to make some for Scarlet.
Get the full tutorial for Felt Black & White Cookies after the jump…
Felt Black & White Cookies
1. Cut half circles of white and black felt and sew the together down the middle:
2. Cut a circle of cookie-colored felt a little larger then your black & white frosting. Black and Whites are a sort of cross between cake and cookie so they need to be a little thicker for true jewish-bakery accuracy:
3. Unfold your “frosting” and pin in to the “cookie” felt right side facing with the edges lining up like so:
4. Sew around the edge, leaving a hole for turning and back stitching at the beginning and end.
5. Turn your cookie inside out and stuff it:
6. Stitch the hole closed. Done!
I made a few with bites removed and a couple halves for extra playtime fun. The ones with bites taken out are scarlet’s favorite. She even practiced baking them: