So I mentioned I am putting together a mystery-event-to-be-revealed-later that features a bunch of crazy bright pillows and showed you how to sew a Pouf Pillow. Here’s another one that would work great for the home in a more subtle color combo. Get the simple Ruffle Stripe Pillow DIY after the jump…
DIY Ruffle Stripe Pillow
1. Pre-wash and cut your fabric. You’ll need one piece the size of your pillow plus 1/2″ for the front. For the back you’ll need two pieces the same length by half the width of your pillow plus 2.5″. Then you’ll need one long strip of any fabric in any width and length for your ruffle.
2. Take the top piece of your pillow and place it right side up. Pin one end of your ruffle strip to one side, and the other end to the other side. Find the middle and pin it somewhere in the middle. Doesn’t have to be specific.
3. Fold your ruffle up and pin it intermittently like so:
Sew with a straight stitch right up the middle:
If you want, sew a couple more lines on either side:
4. Fold the inside edge of each back piece under 1/4″ and iron, then another 1/4″ and iron then sew in place to finish the edges (or sew the one that will show and serge the other like i did here):
5. Lay your pillow front right side up, then lay the back piece that will show right side down, then the other back piece right side down. They will overlap, just make sure they are all aligned on the pillow edges.
Sew it all together 1/4″ from the edge all the way around:
Serge your edges or cut with pinking shears:
Flip it inside out…
6. Stuff your pillow in. Done!