How to Appliqué With Your Embroidery Machine

machine embroidery appliqueWe are about 1/2 way to the September 30th deadline of the Borderline Brilliant Embroidery Contest. We can’t wait to see your beautiful entries! If you are stuck on what to make, maybe this How to Appliqué with Your Embroidery Machine video that we put together will get your creative wheels turning. At the very least, it will make you drool over the grand prize, a brand new Brother PE500 Personal Embroidery System. All the projects in this post were made on this perfect little machine but remember that your contest entry can also be embroidered by hand or on your sewing machine. So, have you ever wondered how easy it is to appliqué on an embroidery machine? Here’s the scoop.

And if you like our videos, head on over and subscribe to our channel for the latest video updates from Prudent Baby!

Love these designs?: Texas, Camper, Crest, Cloud (included design on Brother PE500)

Becca

So cute! I’m working on my contest entry post tonight. It will be abundantly clear why I need the machine when y’all see my entry. My little hand embroidered shirt is not quite as awesome. :)

Jacinda

Becca – We should ask Brother if they will give one to the “worst” entry too. HA, I’m sure it’s not as bad as you think. Can’t wait to see!

t-shirt customiz

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is needed to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?

I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% positive. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Caitlin

I am new here and found your site through Google– I am curious about the Brother PE 500 and using it for custom embroidey. For instance, can I import files from Embird for it? I am wanting to convert some small graphics to embroidery-friendly formats and make some cute appliqués, but I am not sure if the PE 500 is the right machine for me! I can’t find anything that thoroughly answers my question online. I hope you can! Love your little designs! :) TIA!

AshLeigh

I’m a little confused, and was hoping you could answer the following questions for me:

1. Do I need to download a applique design to the sewing machine 1st? If so, where do you recommend? Any free?

2. Do I need separate software on my computer to recognize the .pes file before I can transfer it to the sewing machine?

3. Are you interested in uploading a video of how to download fonts and designs then transfer them to the sewing machine??

Thanks SO much!!

Jacinda

Hi Ashleigh-
There are lots of free patterns online. The details of how to download to your specific embroidery machine are best researched in the owners manual as each machine is different! Once you learn how to download embroidery patterns, embroidery fonts will be done the same way. Good luck!

Connie

Hi,
I love your applique tutorial! Can you please tell me what kind of stabilizer you use?
Thanks!

Jenifer Jackson

I love the transportation embroidery set, especially the airplane! I like your tip for using the clover clips for embroidery projects. It is frustrating to finish a project and then find that I’ve caught a bit of the excess fabric stitched underneath in the design.

Victoria Hannah

Thanks for the wonderful pictures and post. I like all of the designs. I think I would like the OM. I think that was the name. so many and got a bit mixed up. Thanks again.

jenna