This is one of our favorite fall recipes and it’s easy as pie. Actually, much easier than pie.
Watch the 30 second video about to learn how to make a savory stuffed pumpkin, and get the full recipe after the jump…
Savory Stuffed Pumpkin Recipe
1. Cut a lid from a small pumpkin.
2. Remove the seeds.
3. Soak the stem by placing it upside down in a glass of water.
4. Cube some crusty bread, enough to fill your pumpkin a little over 3/4 full.
5. Shred a cup of cheese, we like gruyere.
6. Mix a cup of cream with salt, pepper, and a healthy dash of nutmeg. Add other spices if you like, we love sage.
7. Layer the bread and cheese and pour the cream on top, letting it soak down into the bread.
8. Replace the lid and bake for about an hour or so at 350.
9. Slice the pumpkin and eat the flesh and stuffing, the skin will fall right off.