Oh my goodness, I love apples and cinnamon and the season is upon us. Here’s a fun and easy recipe (1 minute cook time!) to use up your apple-picking scores. As you know we are very into our Instant Pot recipes lately, so I tried out a few apple-cinnamon compote combos and this one is my very favorite, and also the easiest! I like it on my steel-cut oatmeal in the morning, but it also works on ice cream or in a hand pie. Yum!
Get my easy recipe for Instant Pot Apple Compote after the jump…
Instant Pot Apple Compote Recipe
4 apples, peeled cored and chopped – granny smith are my favorite falvor-wise, but you can also mix it up
2 tbls brown sugar
1 tbls white sugar (or more to taste)
2.5 tbls butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Throw your chopped apples into the Instant Pot.
2. Add all the other ingredients. The butter can just go in in a pat, don’t melt it. No water needed for this recipe as the apples will release plenty.
3. Using manual settings, set high pressure for 1 minute.
4. Let the Instant Pot natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
5. Scoop out your compote and pour it on whatever you want!
So easy. So tasty. I chopped up a little fresh sage from the garden and sprinkled on top for an extra dash of savory flavor. Enjoy!