This is the easiest and yummiest thing in the world to make and it looks so wintry-stunning and smells so good! For Thanksgiving I think I’ll make three – one with a vegetarian version of turkey stuffing, one packed with savory bacon and sausage, and one with a sweet cinnamony flavor – all lined up in a row on a platter. This is a picture heavy post because it’s just such a pretty meal. So check what you have in the fridge and start imagining what you want to throw in there; I can’t wait to get home and bake up another one!
Get the full Savory Stuffed Pumpkin Recipe after the jump…
Savory Stuffed Pumpkin Recipe
1. Cut a nice top off your pumpkin and clean the insides out. Save the seeds for toasting!
2. Wash the outside of your pumpkin and season the inside with salt and pepper. Cut up some stale bread (toast the cubes if it isn’t stale) and start stuffing. Alternate layers of bread, cheese (i used goat but gruyere or blue would work well), crushed garlic and anything else you want to add:
3. Stuff it really full! In a seperate container mix together cream with some salt, white pepper and nutmeg, you can use any spices you like (for my size pumpkin i used about 3/4 of cup of cream):
4. Pour the cream into the pumpkin:
5. Replace the lid. I soaked the stem in water for a bit so it wouldn’t burn in the oven:
6. Put it in the oven at 375 degrees for about an hour and a half, then remove the lid and bake it another twenty minutes so it gets all bubbly:
I surrounded mine with toasted pumpkin seeds for prettiness:
8. Serve it up in slices, the skin will peel right off and you take bites of pumpkin flesh scooped with the stuffing. IT IS SO GOOD!