Get the mommy-daughter feather hairclip how to after the jump…
1. Assemble your stuff. I used some old bendy hairclips, a bag of colorful feathers(or get yours off a duster or a turkey), hot glue and some felt and fusible web. You can skip the fusible web if you want but if you have it, it does help hold the shape:
2. Cut out your shape in the felt. A teardrop shape works well on heads. I cut out a big one for me and a smaller one for her, then i cut the same shape out of some pink fabric for the top:
3. If you are going to use fusible web, place it on one fabric:
the other on top:
then iron them to fuse. I used Steam-A-Seam 2 Double Stick Fusible Web and that gave it just enough heft.
4. Assemble your feathers, starting with the top row. Do it now before gluing so you have an idea what it will look like. Once you have it the way you want it, take it apart in little piles so you can re-glue it in order.
5. Start with the top row and glue them on, use plenty of hot glue, the feathers hide it well:
then the next row:
and the next:
and the next:
and on the last one be careful with your glue so it doesn’t show:
6. Now we are going to glue it to our hair clip. I put a piece of tape over the bottom skinny part of the clip so i could peel off any stray hot glue and still open my clip. Glue it on while the clip is closed so you get a nice rounded shape.