No Bake Easter Nest Cookies

Not a new concept in cookie-making, but I had never made these Easter nest cookies before and they were so super easy as a last-minute treat to take to the school party (and the kids went nuts for ’em) that I thought I’d share. We can’t make insane decorated sugar cookies for every single occasion, right? Learn how to make no-bake easter nest cookies after the jump…
No-Bake Easter Nest Cookies

So you’ll need some egg shaped candy (I went with Cadbury mini eggs), some chocolate chips (or butterscotch for a more nest-colored cookie), and some crispy chow-mein noodles (like you’d find in a chinese chicken salad):

Melt the chips in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time, until they are liquid.

Throw the noodles in a bowl and cover with chocolate and stir. Lick the spatula.

MY LATEST VIDEOS
MY LATEST VIDEOS

Scoop out piles of chocolate noodles and shape into general nests. If you are feeling fancy, which I was not, you can put them in little plastic wrap-lined bowls to shape them into curved nests as they dry.

Before they harden, add your eggs. Smoosh them down a little and they will they fuse together as they harden.

Done. Grub.

Abby

I just made these yesterday, but found a recipe that had peanut butter in them too.. tasted like a reese cup!! just add about 1/3 cup of peanut butter in with your chocolate before you add your noodles!!! love your blog..:)

Jessica

I would probably eat the whole bag of cadbury mini eggs before the nests hardened enough. They send my self-control on vacation.

vicky

Also really good if you use cornflakes or rice crispies! And if you really want to step up a notch add caramel in the chocolate!

Ashley

GENIOUS!!!! why am I just finding your site!!! I seriously love it! I need to go search around on your site more 🙂

Jamie

YES!! I was just thinking about these the other day! So glad that I found them here. Now off to send my hubby to the store. It'll interesting to see what he brings back when I ask for "chow mein noodles".

sariroo

My Mom has made Easter nests since I can remember but she uses toasted coconut instead of chow mein noodles and uses Jelly Belly jellybeans for the eggs. I love to freeze them and then eat them. So good!

erica

1/3 cup of peanut butter

Cheryl

So excited to try these, especially with the tips above on adding peanut butter. My wee girl is going to be so excited!! Thanks for sharing!