There are a few items that I never leave at home when I travel. My Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, my Winsor & Newton Water Colour paints, my Worishofer slingbacks, my “lifesaving” Anker portable phone charger, and a new addition to the list, a Brita Filtering Bottle, available in a Soft Squeeze version or a hard sided straw version. I brought the Bottles along on my birthday trip to Seattle to try them out for this sponsored post but quickly fell in love with them, fo realz.
I am a water drinker, especially when I’m traveling. Planes, hotels, walking, sleeping, all make me thirsty. I am also cheap (errr, prudent) and nearly cry when I have to buy water for $3 each at the airport. I turn downright tyrannical when a thirsty unnamed blog partner pulls a bottle of water out of the hotel minibar. Poor unnamed blog partner.
The problem is that I am also very picky when it comes to the taste of my water, a water connoisseur you might say if you’re feeling generous, and refuse to drink perfectly safe tap water out of any old faucet or water fountain. Blech. If any of this sounds familiar, you are going to love these Bottles too. Here’s why…
1. You can carry them through airport security empty and then fill them at the gate. Take that newsstand price gouging.
Just don’t fill them in the airplane bathroom, that water isn’t actually safe to drink.
2. Throw it in your bag and fill it throughout the day as needed. Awww, look at these crazy kids on their romantic adventure.
3. Do you wake up with Rip Van Winkle thirst? I do. Especially when I’ve been, eh hem, celebrating. I mean the champagne, of course. This little beauty is lovely to wake up to. No minibar temptation.
4. Delicious water isn’t just for drinking straight. I also used it to fill the Keurig. Yes, my fancy hotel suite has a Keurig. My man doesn’t mess around when it comes to a no-kid birthday party. I shall keep him.
5. No landfill guilt or looking for trash cans (um, I’m lazy.) Whether you prefer the Soft Squeeze version or a hard sided straw version, you can hydrate as needed without increasing your carbon footprint. FYI I typically prefer a straw bottle but in this case like the way the squeeze bottle helps push the water through the filter and into my mouth (um, I’m super lazy) plus it’s also almost 1/2 the price. Sweet!
So although this is a sponsored post, I honestly love this product and I think you will too, if you love water, money, and the earth.