I can’t believe Quinn is 9 months old. Crazy! To celebrate her 3/4 year birthday, I thought that I would share her birth announcement, complete with the artwork files. Funny story, The announcement I sent to Jaime came back to me (return to sender) like 3 months after we sent them out. She never got one and was feeling neglected but never mentioned it. AS IF I would leave Jaime off the list!
Find the details on this easy DIY Birth Announcement and the Free Downloads after the jump.
I kept this super simple and bought my matchbook style cards on the sale rack at Paper Source. (there is apparently a Paper Source theme here today)
But if you would like to make your own, here is how to make a Matchbook style Card to fit in an A2 envelope:
1. Cut your paper to 4.25″x11.25.” At this point you will want to print directly on your cards. If, rather than printing directly, you are going to glue in your finished artwork then you can finish making the cards first.
2. Use a bonefolder to make creases along the length at 4.75″and 10.25″ (you will have a 1″ section, a 5.5″ section and 4.75″ section.) You do this by lining up a ruler where you want your crease and running the bonefolders point along the side of the ruler.
3. Fold over the 1″ flap and punch two holes through both layers. Punch them 1/2″ down from the top and 1″ in from each side. A tiny (1/16″) punch looks best.
4. Pull a thin ribbon in from the back and tie at center.
5. Fold up the bottom flap and tuck it under the top flap… like a matchbook!
Get creative!… and feel free to use this artwork to make your own cards. Personal use only on this one please! : ) Both the PDFs and JPEGs are proveded below.
Thanks for sharing. They are very adorable!
These are lovely! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for sharing! I'm expecting a little girl in June and I may just use this design! So sweet, without being TOO girly 🙂
when i didn't get one, in my mind i was figuring they were super hands on and you have two kids and you don't have to impress me, so i kind of also felt a little proud, like we're such good friends she knows she can tell me all about this amazing thing and not send me one and knows i won't judge her. but i was totally judging. KIDDING