I can’t believe Quinn is 9 months old. Crazy! To celebrate her 3/4 year birthday, I thought that I would share her birth announcement, complete with the artwork files. Funny story, The announcement I sent to Jaime came back to me (return to sender) like 3 months after we sent them out. She never got one and was feeling neglected but never mentioned it. AS IF I would leave Jaime off the list!
Find the details on this easy DIY Birth Announcement and the Free Downloads after the jump.
But if you would like to make your own, here is how to make a Matchbook style Card to fit in an A2 envelope:
1. Cut your paper to 4.25″x11.25.” At this point you will want to print directly on your cards. If, rather than printing directly, you are going to glue in your finished artwork then you can finish making the cards first.
2. Use a bonefolder to make creases along the length at 4.75″and 10.25″ (you will have a 1″ section, a 5.5″ section and 4.75″ section.) You do this by lining up a ruler where you want your crease and running the bonefolders point along the side of the ruler.
3. Fold over the 1″ flap and punch two holes through both layers. Punch them 1/2″ down from the top and 1″ in from each side. A tiny (1/16″) punch looks best.
4. Pull a thin ribbon in from the back and tie at center.
5. Fold up the bottom flap and tuck it under the top flap… like a matchbook!
Get creative!… and feel free to use this artwork to make your own cards. Personal use only on this one please! : ) Both the PDFs and JPEGs are proveded below.