Brought to you by Annie’s Homegrown Rising Crust Pizza
When we were kids, Friday was Pizza Night. It was the only time our parents braved taking the 4 of us to a restaurant. Weekly topping arguments aside, I remember the tradition fondly. No rushing, no cleaning, just good food and good together time.
In my own family, Pizza Night had lost its charm. It was whatever night I’d run out of time and needed a quick dinner solution. It was frozen and came topped with preservative-laden mom-guilt.
Wouldn’t it be nice to Take Back the Pizza Night? Plan an easy dinner with a healthy version of the convenient frozen pizza? Make it an event. Use that time you saved cooking and cleaning to do something special with the kids.
Last night we baked up a delicious Annie’s Homegrown uncured pepperoni pizza, BBQ Chicken Pizza and fan-favorite Cheese Pizza and did a fun craft using the pizza box while they cooked. Viva la Pizza Night!
Read on for how we made a Pizza Box Pennant Banner that we can use every time we have Pizza Night and for a coupon towards Annie’s Homegrown Pizza.
1. Cut open the pizza box
2. Use the pizza cardboard to trace a circle on each side of the cardboard.
3. Section the circle into 6 slices.
4. Cut out the circles and cut the slices.
5. Decorate however you wish! We drew the words “Pizza Night” and filled letters with glue using a paintbrush, then covered them with glitter.
6. We used our two spare slices to make glitter Pizza!
7. Make small slits at the top of each slice and string them on ribbon or twine
8. To preserve your Glitter Pizza Night Banner, spray it with a light coat of sealant and let it dry.
9. Hang up your new Pizza Night banner every time you bake up some delicious Annie’s Homegrown pizza pies!