My family has become obsessed with growing sprouts to eat on sandwiches and salads so I’m excited to share with you how to grow sprouts!
This has become a fun little gardening experiment for us that yields results in just a few days. I highly recommend growing alfalfa sprouts, bean sprouts, pea sprouts or any of the other varieties out there. There are so many yummy options. Here’s how to grow sprouts at home.
May include affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for How to Grow Sprouts:
- Sprout seeds: I started with a selection from my local health food store but you can also order seeds online.
- Jar with draining lid or sprout growing kit: I have the two pictured above.
- – Chef’n Countertop Sprouter Growing Kit – this little kit looks great on the counter and has it’s own tidy draining system. So far I have only grown alfalfa seeds in this jar and it has worked perfectly despite losing a few seeds while draining water on the first day.
4 Pack Sprouting Lids Stainless Steel – this set of four lids fit on any wide-mouth jar, such as a pasta sauce jar. It works great and is old school just like mom and dad used back in the 80’s. There is a huge selections of Sprout Growing Options online.
- A draining dish and towel (optional
- filtered water
- In a clean sprout jar, add approximately 1 tablespoon of seeds. The amount of seeds will depend on the type of seeds and the size of the jar but somewhere between a teaspoon and a tablespoon is the sweet spot. Less is better, you can adjust next time. In this photo I have alfalfa sprout seeds on the left and mung bean sprout seeds on the right.
- Fill the jar with fresh filtered (if possible) water and let the seeds soak in a room temperature spot for 6-10 hours, depending on seed type. The packet should give instructions on how long a specific type of seed should soak.
- After the specified time, carefully drain the water through the lid so as not to lose many seeds but its ok if you lose a few. Set the jar upside-down in a room temperature spot in your home out of direct sunlight. Yes, I know mine are on the window sill in the photo above, don’t do that. Too steamy. Notice that I have set the jar on a paper towel at a slight angle. This is good. It allows the seeds to breath and drain properly.
- Every morning and evening, refill the jar with fresh filtered water and drain. This will give the sprouts enough water to grow but not drown. After 3-4 days you will have delicious sprouts to eat on sandwiches and salads (alfalfa, pea, clover, radish, broccoli sprouts etc) or noodle and stir-fry dishes (mung bean sprouts.)
- TIP: if you want to “green up” your sprouts, on the last day, set them in the window for a few hours.
- Store your sprouts in the fridge, where they will last for 3-4 days.
- Repeat the whole process because now you are addicted now that you know how to grow sprouts!
Looking for more gardening tips?
How to Make Cement Garden Stones
Tips on How to Grow Succulents
How to Build a Raised Garden Bed
Oh it’s really easy to grow this kind of sprouts, I’m planning to do it and now I’m going to buy the seeds and do it this simple way. In my family, everyone loves to eat this vegetable dish.
Thanks for sharing. I will apply your way to have bean sprouts. pretty simple way to do it.
I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure you this would be beneficial for most people.
this idea is so great! thank your post!
Thank you for producing such a fascinating essay on this subject. This has sparked a lot of thought in me, and I’m looking forward to reading more.
Oh, it’s incredibly simple to grow these kinds of sprouts; I’m intending to do it, and I’m going to get the seeds immediately. Everyone in my family enjoys this veggie meal.
Everybody will earn 5 hundred usd Daily… Yes! you’ll be able to earn over you’re thinking that by operative on-line from home. :rt;26} I even have been doing this job for style of a number of weeks and my last week payment was specifically 25370 dollars. COPY This information
processing system OPEN HERE………._My Name
A fun variation of the multiplayer knockout game genre that is well-liked by young people today is Stumble Guys. Stumble Guys, an action spin-off of the well-known game Fall Guys, with gameplay that is quite similar to that of the original while also featuring many intriguing upgrades. Stumble Guys offers you thrilling and compulsively engrossing knockout matches with a variety of obstacles and stages. 32 players can participate online at once in this game. The multiplayer mode allows you to play with pals while battling your way through levels as the mayhem intensifies. All you have to do to win is keep command of the last character standing.
Thank you for sharing the information, Great Article!!!
Great tips, I will share it with my sprouts-lover friends!!!