Here is a super fast sweet treat for the 4th of July as part of Prudent Baby’s Summer of Fanciful Treats: Sponsored by Bake it Pretty
Click here to get the details on these festive 4th of July Jelly Bean Pods.
What you need:
Parchment paper (you could also get creative and use printed paper with a special message)
Sewing machine and complimentary thread
Jelly Beans! They’re so much more then a potty-training bribe! These are from the bulk bins at Target. $7.99/lb eek! But you don’t need alot, only 20 beans per pod.
What to do:
1. Cut 1 piece of parchment paper for each pod. 3″x6″
2. Fold in half to make a 3″x3″ square and straight stitch up side with a 3/8″ seam.
3. Trim seam with pinking shears.
4. Open up fold and flatten with seam down center, with pink-ed edge to one side.
5. Turn and sew along bottom with 3/8″ seam.
6. Open up the little pocket you’ve created and fill with approx 20 Jelly Beans. You don’t want to overfill.
7. Pinch the top closed in the opposite direction of the bottom seam and sew closed. Notice how I have the pod positioned to avoid the sewing machine mechanics.
8. Trim the top and bottom with pinking shears.
9. Repeat all steps for each pod.
10. Eat all excess Jelly Beans
11. Store in an adorable container. I used this little pail from Target but Jelly Bean Pods would be oh so cute for any occasion in one of these adorable mini suitcases from Bake it Pretty. So sweet… and portable to take to a party!
Wow – they are so cute. I love this idea!!
I love these! Clever idea… you could make these for any holiday.
I'm having a 4th of July party this Saturday. There will be a lot of kids and this will be a fun treat to pass out to them. Thanks for the tutorial!
What a great idea – these are adorable!
oh yum! and so simple! yay
We're about to take a family road trip for the holiday and I think this will be a great idea to keep my 2 1/2 year old son busy. Maybe with goldfish or even toys inside to entertain him on the long drive. Thanks!
You have bulk bins at your target? I feel like I'm missing out on something!
Ditto on the missing bulk bins at my local Target…
These are so ingenious and simple! I love the mix of red, white and blue jelly beans, clever.
You can also make these using scrapbook paper and a paper crimper. Yes, a specialty gadget, but not too hard to track down.
So these are going to be my twins Valentines this year for Preschool. So excited. Going to Target for Jelly Beans NOW! And they get to decorate with stickers and colors YAY! So fun!!!
I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought
this post was good. I don’t know who you
are but definitely you’re going to a famous blogger if you
are not already 😉 Cheers!