In honor of Jaime’s birthday, I am going to share a cake recipe that I make every year for my husband’s birthday. Being a gal who is CRAZY for elaborate baking and decorated sweets, it pains me that this simple Bundt is his annual request, but give me a leftover slice of this stuff with tea in the morning and I forget all about piping bags and butter cream.
Happy Birthday Jaime, I love you and I am having so much fun working on Prudent Baby!
1/2 cup chopped pecans or sliced almonds (almonds are prettier, both are equally tasty)
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 yellow cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2. Grease and flour Bundt Pan
3. In a small bowl, stir together all filling ingredients, set aside.
4. Mix all cake ingredients in a large bowl
5. Sprinkle 1/2 of the filling into bottom of Bundt pan
6. Pour in 1/2 of the batter
7. Top with remaining filling
8. Add remaining batter over filling
9. Bake for 35-45 minutes (until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean)
For Glaze, melt the butter in a sauce pan, add sugar and orange juice, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
After removing cake from oven, pour glaze on cake and allow to set for 15-20 minutes, then invert onto a pretty plate.
For a less-sweet (but not quite as moist version) you can omit the glaze, or simply drizzle it on the top after inverting. If you drizzle it on the top, add some orange zest, it’s delish!
If you love Bundt cakes, you should get your hands on a copy of Bundt Classics. It has many easy recipes, including a wonderful version of this orange juice cake!