The kids and I recently went to the movies and saw the cutest trailer for the new animated feature, Paddington. When we got home and I was telling Rick about it, we realized that I am basically the only person in the western hemisphere who never read a Paddington book growing up. We quickly remedied that and picked up a copy of the original chapter book, which Clare and I have been enjoying at bedtime for the past few weeks in anticipation of the film. So when we were asked to create a project to celebrate the movie which hits theaters on January 16th, we couldn’t say no to the little bear from darkest Peru. It’s based on the beloved novels by Michael Bond and producer David Heyman (HARRY POTTER) and the cast includes Nicole Kidman and Hugh Bonneville.
Read on for our easy “in an evening” bear paw pillow tutorial. It’s the perfect quick project for curling up and stitching by the fire, and makes a great gift, along with a Paddington book, of course.
1. Download and print the pattern at desired size. This version was approximately 16″ diameter.
2. Lay pattern on pillow background felt and cut two circles, one for front and one for back. Use the best quality felt you can.
3. Cut the paw print out of a second color felt and position on one background circle.
4. Spray the back of the pieces with a basting adhesive and set in place
5. Use #5 pearl cotton and a running stitch to finish the edges of the front.
6. On the back, create stripes with rows of running stitch on lightly traced lines.
6. Use a blanket stitch to stitch the two circles together. With about 5″ left to sew, stuff the pillow with stuffing and then finished stitching.
Everyone is obsessed with our new paw print pillow!
This post is sponsored by The Weinstein Company.
Very cute mother/daughter stitching project. Thanks!
[…] Paddington Bear Paw Print Pillow Tutorial – 1 freebie(s)? […]
I loved Paddington Bear when I was growing up! I’m totally making this for my four year old. Thank you PB! This and the fox scarf are the best! 🙂 Y’all totally rock!