This post is sponsored by Target. Thank you for inspiring us!
One of my best friends just told me that she is expecting her first baby. I couldn’t be more excited for her and haven’t been able to stop thinking about fun baby shower themes. Although I loved the idea of putting a new spin on a Hot Air Balloon Baby Shower, Made in California Baby Shower, or Hey Baby! Baby Shower, I wanted try something totally different. One of her favorite summer treats is popsicles, so it just seemed perfect to make it a Ready to Pop Baby Shower.
I’ve pulled together some of my favorite details that I had at my baby showers, and incorporated some new ones, to create this complete guide for how to plan a Ready to Pop Baby Shower. This guide is pretty versatile so it can work for any theme you might choose.
Check out the complete guide to the Ready to Pop Baby Shower after the jump…
When I’m coming up with a baby shower theme I really like to focus on a cute play on words. Hence Ready to Pop, for a popsicle theme. You can also start out by just going with a favorite color scheme, animal, or print (ex: polka dots, elephants, owls, etc). When it came to supplies and gifts for the baby shower, I knew I was going to head to Target because they make party planning so easy with all of their spot-on products for entertaining. I began by filling the baby registry with gift ideas for the new mama, and then made my way to the cute and trendy party supplies. Ready to start planning?
– Once you’ve chosen your theme, start on the invitations. Make your own Washi Tape Popsicle Cards or buy this adorable set of Polka-Dot Invites and Thank You Cards.
– Use streamers to add color and fill empty spaces. I would use pink and green streamers to make a photo backdrop for this baby shower.
– Decorate the dessert table with a collection of poufs hanging from the ceiling.
– Find unique popsicle recipes to serve from the Top Pops Cookbook. It’s the details that can really make a difference, so instead of using plain popsicle sticks, try out these spotted popsicle sticks and these spiral popsicle molds.
– Fill glasses on the table with sparkling strawberry lemonade and complementary summer yellow straws.
– I like to also set out a few water bottles on the table, like these new Oh Joy European Water Bottles.
– Serve the appetizers on cute, polka dot napkins.
– Make a signature non-alcoholic cocktail for everyone to enjoy, like the Cranberry Kiss. If you want to provide alcoholic drinks for the guests, we highly suggest a watermelon jalapeño mojito.
– Don’t forget the colorful cutlery to match. They make for a lot less dishes to do too.
It’s great when the mama-to-be can leave her baby shower with a nice bundle of cute and practical gifts. I loved opening the adorable onesies and outfits, but it was also immensely helpful when I would look over to find a fresh box of diapers and wipes. One less trip to the grocery store can make a huge difference for sleep-deprived parents.
– I couldn’t pass up the popsicle bathing suit that perfectly suits the theme, and this little bird newborn dress.
– Wrap up a box of diapers and wipes. This is an affordable gift that she will surely use.
– Consider putting all the baby essentials into a basket with extra diaper cream, burp cloths, nipple cream and extra sleep (ha).
– I’m not one for games, but I’ve always enjoyed the activities my friends planned. At the baby shower Jaime hosted for her friend, they found vintage-inspired postcards and each person wrote a letter to the new baby. I also loved her idea of writing on appliquéd onesies.
– For this baby shower, I want to make a streamer backdrop and have people pose with fun props in front. I think it would be cute to snap photos of the guests with an instant camera, and create a guest book where everyone can write messages to the mama and baby.
What are some of your favorite baby shower themes, gifts, games, and fun? Leave a comment letting us know!
This post is sponsored by Target. The adventure begins here: Discover all Target has to offer for your baby registry and throughout your motherhood journey.
I’m planning to throw a baby shower for my cousin and these ideas are really great. I am having a hard time in preparing her baby shower since she wants a unique theme for that celebration. Thanks for sharing this one. This will help me a lot!
I’ve read some just right stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting.
I wonder how much attempt you put to create such a excellent informative website.