The Isle of Skye is one of the most remarkable places to visit in Scotland, because of it’s stunning beauty and history. Towering peaks, vibrant emerald moors, and crystal clear fairy pools define the landscape of this ancient island. It is no wonder that this fall we have been completely inspired to add the Isle of Skye to our top destinations, style, and even our breakfast menu…
Visiting the Isle of Skye (from the collage above):
– This viral video of cyclist Danny MacAskill riding the stunning Cullin Ridge was just released, and makes you want to buy a ticket immediately.
– Watch the majestic Mealt Waterfall cascade down Kilt Rock (photo by Fabien Bravin).
– Quidam Cress perfectly captures the town of Portree on the island.
– Get a closer look at the ruins of Cill Chriosd (aka Christ’s Church) on Meanderings About
– Ian Cowe photographs the Neist Point Lighthouse and cliff edges of the island.
– Visit Scotland is packed with details and must-see destinations on the island, like Dunvegan Castle.
– On your visit, don’t forget to keep your eye out for red deer, whales, and these seals photographed by Paolo Verseci.
What to Wear:
Plaid Cape from Zara | The Billie Boot and Double Ribbon Fedora from Madewell | Poppy Red Top from Ace & Jig | Blue Dress from Lost & Found | Leather Gloves from H&M | Brooklyn Leather Satchel from Ona Bags
Be inspired to recreate this Flower Crown Hairstyle from Irrelephant.
What to Eat:
Start your morning with Roasted Pear & Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Scones from Local Milk.